End of Year
Dear Foregen Supporters,
Looking back on 2022, a lot has happened in the Foregen community, and it’s good to look back on everything that has been accomplished.
- In December the community worked to raise over $17,283 in donations, for which Foregen is very grateful! This was a great way to end the year!
- In total for the year, $218,515 was raised from Foregen supporters and has helped to fund things like the HistologiX study, and the PhD candidates who have collaborated with Foregen on the animal trial.
- Foregen has continued its work with HistologiX on the histology study, which will serve to provide more insights on the foreskin and the structures it contains. HistologiX has been a valuable partner to Foregen, and has worked to design a great study, as well as helping conduct the search for donor tissue.
- Foregen successfully completed the rat phase of the animal model, which you can read a summary about here. This was the critical first step of the entire animal trials, and this success is what allowed us to move onto the sheep phase.
- A second stakeholder report was published on the sheep phase of animal trials. This second stakeholder report includes important updates on the sheep phase as well as an adjustment to the tentative date for Foregen’s human clinical trial. You can read the report here.
- With another year behind us, we would like to thank Eric Cunningham, Foregen’s former Chief Science Officer, and Matthew Serody, Foregen’s former Senior Director, for their combined 14 years of commitment to giving back every man a whole body. Both Eric and Matthew have moved on in pursuit of other opportunities. Their work with Foregen is highly appreciated and they have contributed greatly to the organization. Fortunately, this does not affect our current or upcoming research. We wish them all the best in their future endeavors!
- Foregen’s former Chief Science Officer, Eric Cunningham, also published a 4 part series of articles titled Biomaterials and Biocompatibility, which helps to explain and break down the some of science behind Foregen’s work. Linked here are the first, second, third, and fourth parts where you can learn more.
- Foregen’s former Senior Director, Matthew Serody, wrote an article on a second survey conducted with YouGov which you can read here. Compared to the survey from 2021, this more accurate national survey shows nearly four times as many men may be interested in a regenerative medicine procedure than was previously thought.
Thanks again to the Foregen community for all the support you’ve shown over the past year!