Dear Foregen Supporters,
Welcome back to our most recent newsletter. We have some important updates for you, and an overview of the best parts of May.
What’s Happened Since Last Time?
- We had a very generous individual donate $1,000 in May! The generosity from them and every one of our supporters helps pay for the materials and equipment needed for the next phase and is invaluable for future progress.
- Additionally, we would like to remind our supporters that Foregen is a part of AmazonSmile - for the first quarter of 2019 Foregen received $840.37! If you shop on Amazon you can select Foregen as your charity and part of the purchase will go to Foregen. It’s a simple way to support the cause, doesn’t cost anything extra to you, and only takes a few steps to set up.
- Droit au Corps, a French organization aiming to end non-consensual genital cutting, featured our brochure at the 2019 French Congress of Sexology & Sexual Health back in March, and the materials were reported to be quite popular. Droit au Corps currently has a petition open which our supporters may be interested in checking out. It details an "Appeal for a debate" on the conditions for consent to circumcision, aimed at abandoning male genital cutting.
- We’ve been following up with the people we met at Knowledge for Growth, an event that has given us some great opportunities to partner with organizations and take concrete steps with our research. We’ve spoken with several Clinical Research Organizations (CROs) that in the future can help us coordinate and carry out a human clinical trial, given that it is a multi-faceted task.
- We’ve also been pointed in the direction of opportunities to talk with investors further in Hamburg, Germany. We should have more details on this potential event next month.
- Foregen is continuing work on collecting and testing its tissue and we will provide further updates from our tissue supplier as they become available.
- For the month of May we reached a total of $11,183 in donations, which helps us move forward with the next parts of our mission! Be sure to inform other activists, friends and family about Foregen and the science we’re pursuing to one day help provide genital integrity to men around the world. Our overall total to date is $463,458 - Let’s keep it up.
Tell Me Something Interesting
- A recent article explains how ‘Novel research moves us closer to unlocking the brain’s regenerative potential. Researchers at Kyoto University have discovered that ‘waves’ of Hes1 and Ascl1 gene expression are responsible for controlling the active state of adult neural stem cells […] A better understanding of the regulatory mechanisms of these different expression dynamics could allow us to switch the dormant cells on as part of a treatment for a range of neurological disorders," concluded Kageyama.
Volunteer for Foregen - We Want Your Help
If you are interested in any of the following positions, please click on them to read more and apply:
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for our next newsletter. If you’d like more frequent updates, please head over to our blog, or visit one of our social media accounts – the links are at the bottom of this newsletter.
The Foregen Team