Dear Foregen Supporters,
Welcome back to our most recent newsletter. We have some important updates for you, and an overview of the best parts of January.
What’s Happened Since Last Time
- As part of Phase II, we are coordinating with the ethics committee and their road-map in making the latest preparations after our receipt and final possession of the tissues. Since this phase includes the use of both human tissues and live animals, it is a more involved process that we intend to keep our supporters posted on as we progress.
- As a part of our global efforts to provide a therapy for circumcised men and their partners, we’re pleased to announce that we will be attending BIO KOREA 2020 in Seoul, South Korea from May 20th to May 22nd. As Foregen’s second-largest market, South Korea is an important aspect of a for-profit transition and our position as an international entity. We plan to meet with industry leaders and key players in the Korean market, as well as potentially meeting with faculty from Seoul National University. This is Foregen’s first substantive move into Asia and represents the beginning of a long-term strategy to firmly establish ourselves in the region.
- If you missed our announcement earlier, we are happy to announce for January that a very generous donor contributed $20,000 - a big driver for us is the grassroots support that has elevated Foregen to where it is today. Our thanks to this donor and every one of you that stands for genital integrity.
- Foregen’s leadership is still in conversation with trade agencies in Flanders, Wallonia, Britain, and Switzerland to find a network that would be able to support future research and a path to market. In conjunction with these conversations and of equal importance are the recent developments with individuals who have access to investor networks that have shown interest in assisting us through the process of finding financial backing. Due to the sensitive nature of these discussions, we can’t release more at this time, but we are optimistic about the future.
- Concerning Phase III, we have been in touch with one of our supporters at UC Berkeley who may be able to assist in acquiring resources for the histological study.
- For the month of January we saw 195 new supporters sign up and reached a total of $28,105 in donations, which helps us move forward with the next parts of our mission! Be sure to inform other activists, friends and family about Foregen and the science we’re pursuing to one day help provide genital integrity to men around the world. Our overall total to date is $565,963.62 Let’s keep it up
Tell Me Something Interesting
- This article found by one of our supporters explains that just this month, Japanese researchers “were able to successfully transplant lab-grown heart muscle cells into a patient. The heart muscle cells were made using induced pluripotent stem cells, which are cells taken from the patient that have been reprogrammed to become stem cells that can develop into any type of cell found in the human body.”
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for our next newsletter. If you’d like more frequent updates, please head over to our blog, or visit one of our social media accounts – the links are the icons in this newsletter.
The Foregen Team