Dear Foregen Supporters,
Welcome back to our most recent newsletter. We have some important updates for you, and an overview of the best parts of February.
What's Happened Since Last Time
- Foregen received its largest single donation this month of $11,111 from a very generous supporter! This makes it the third month that we’ve gone over $20,000. Our special thanks goes to them and the inspiration they give us and the rest of our supporters to push foreskin regeneration closer to reality. Like all donations, this has a direct impact on efforts and will help to pay for things like the tissue we recently ordered as well as future lab space.
- As a general PSA we want to let donors know to check their payment information and keep it up-to-date. This will ensure that donations don’t lapse and are processed properly.
- We’ve nearly finalized the design for our SXSW booth this year from March 10th-13th and we’re excited for everyone we’ll meet and the opportunity to share our published work.
- We’re continuing to work in coordination with the university on our research proposal and ethics approval. This can take some time since there are numerous facets to be worked through, and of course all the other projects that the university must review.
- As we mentioned in the last newsletter, on April 8th Foregen’s president Vincenzo Aiello will host an exhibit of his new HuFo at Open Space Studio in Philadelphia. Foregen supporters and anyone interested in talking with our founder and seeing the exhibit is invited - it’s open to the public and entry is free. The HuFo has been a very useful tool for conveying the importance of Foregen’s work, so this is an opportunity to promote our research.
- Right now we're in contact with a few different media outlets. We’re hoping our project will be of interest to them given our recent advances and the progress that we’ll be making.
- For the month of February so far we reached a total of $20,133 in donations, which helps us move forward with the next parts of our mission! Be sure to inform other activists, friends and family about Foregen and the science we’re pursuing to one day help provide genital integrity to men around the world. Our overall total to date is $432,722 - Let’s keep it up.
Tell Me Something Interesting
- A part of this article (halfway down the page) discusses “An emerging cell therapy company, Cell Mogrify Ltd (Cambridge, UK), has raised $3.7 million in seed funding from major UK investors in a bid to accelerate their mission of commercializing cellular research. This investment should enable the company to advance its systematic big-data science approach, designed to identify the optimal combination of transcription factors or small molecules required to convert any mature cell type into another cell type without going through a pluripotent stem cell- or even a progenitor cell-state.”
Volunteer for Foregen
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for our next newsletter. If you’d like more frequent updates, please head over to our blog, or visit one of our social media accounts – the links are at the bottom of this newsletter.
The Foregen Team