Dear Foregen Supporters,
Welcome back to our most recent newsletter. We have some important updates for you, and an overview of the best parts of June.
What’s Happened Since Last Time
- One of our board members, Eric Cunningham, who is currently working on his masters in chemical engineering, wrote up a post on our blog about the peer review process. As he describes here it can be a difficult process; we will also be resubmitting to a new journal, likely the BJU International.
- Our Director of Events, Robert, has been researching more opportunities for us to network and we have some preliminary work done on what our schedule could look like for events. In the future we may need some volunteers to staff said events so keep an eye on our newsletter and social media posts.
- We’ve added another team member to our social media team, Bryce, who will help to further coordinate our posting and presence going forward. If you’re interested in volunteering to help out with social media, and especially someone with an interest in marketing or public relations, you can fill out the link we have here.
- We recruited a new writer to create more original content for our blog and social media - if you have an interest in writing for Foregen and have experience with writing for other sites, news, etc., you can fill out the form we have here.
- We’re currently undergoing a company restructure: we’ve filled more positions as we discussed above and we can always use more volunteers in the different categories with our google surveys. We’re continuing the work on setting up the infrastructure and refining the design of our new website. If you have an interest in volunteering to help with current and future site development, and have experience with WordPress, please fill out our survey here.
- For the month of June we reached a total of $9,891 in donations, which helps us move forward with the next parts of our mission! Be sure to inform other activists, friends and family about Foregen and the science we’re pursuing to one day help provide genital integrity to men around the world. Our overall total to date is $336,766 - Let’s keep it up.
Tell Me Something Interesting
- A report talking about a recent study where scientists have created a biocompatible adhesive that is ‘15 times stronger than adhesive materials currently used for nerve reconstruction. [They also] ‘can support the survival, extension, and proliferation of cells essential for nerve regeneration.
- An article that details how Multipotent Mesenchymal Cells (MSCs) can ‘stimulate autologous cartilage repair in the knee without engrafting in the host tissue.
Volunteer for Foregen - We Want Your Help
If you are interested in any of the following positions, please click on them to read more and apply:
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for our next newsletter. If you’d like more frequent updates, please head over to our blog, or visit one of our social media accounts – the links are at the bottom of this newsletter.
The Foregen Team