Dear Foregen Supporters,
Welcome back to our most recent newsletter. We have some important updates for you, and an overview of the best parts of September.
What’s Happened Since Last Time
- Important update: please check out this video! It contains a number of our most recent updates about all aspects of our work from Foregen’s founder Vincenzo Aiello.
- We will once again be attending SXSW in Austin, Texas in 2019! We’ve booked early to receive a discount, as well as have time to plan our strategy for how we design our display and connect and talk with visitors who stop by.
- As discussed in our video, we’re working on a project where we will be talking with some of our supporters on an individual basis to receive direct feedback and answer questions. We are currently fishing the parameters of this project and how it will be executed. Since it isn’t feasible to speak individually with all of our supporters, preference will be given to a specific criteria of donors.
- For the month of September overall we reached a total of $9,508 in donations, which helps us move forward with the next parts of our mission! Be sure to inform other activists, friends and family about Foregen and the science we’re pursuing to one day help provide genital integrity to men around the world. Our overall total to date is $366,391 - Let’s keep it up.
Tell Me Something Interesting
- This article describes how a ‘man paralysed from waist down makes history by walking again using mind-controlled implant to power his legs’, and while still early in development, is still an impressive result. He was able to walk due to an ‘implanted a remote-controlled electrode in the patient’s back to stimulate surviving nerves in his spinal cord.’
- This piece mentions a cell therapy for bone fractures, where ‘All patients in a clinical trial run by the Belgian company Bone Therapeutics have seen an improvement in the healing of bone fractures that have had problems healing.’
Volunteer for Foregen - We Want Your Help
If you are interested in any of the following positions, please click on them to read more and apply:
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for our next newsletter. If you’d like more frequent updates, please head over to our blog, or visit one of our social media accounts – the links are at the bottom of this newsletter.
The Foregen Team