Dear Foregen Supporters,
Welcome back to our most recent newsletter. We have some important updates for you, and an overview of the best parts of October.
What's Happened Since Last Time?
- We have an important announcement to make regarding one of our next events! Foregen will be attending the South by Southwest trade show (SXSW) on March 11th-13th from 10am-6pm, and on the 14th from 10am-2pm. SXSW is a mix of festivals, music, film, and trade shows, and with hundreds of thousands of people attending we hope to get their attention! This is an excellent chance for us to branch out with our marketing and reach a wider audience with our message of genital integrity for all.
- Another recent blog post we published explains the details and functions of the Extracellular Matrix, an important component of our scientific work that will be key to actual regeneration.
- We want to share that Brendon Marotta’s film American Circumcision won first place for documentary film at the Lone Star Film Festival, its first showing! This is an auspicious start for Brendon’s film and bodes well for the message of genital integrity to reach and resonate with more people.
- For October we reached a total of $9,738 in donations, which helps us move forward with the next parts of our mission. Currently for the month we're at $4,873, and with your help we could pass $10,000 for November! Tell other activists about Foregen and the science we’re researching to help restore genital integrity to men around the world. Our overall total to date is $241,642 - Let’s keep it up.
Tell Me Something Interesting
- A very important development reported in this article, where doctors were able to save a 7-year-old boy by growing an entire new skin for him; the research was also reported in the prestigious journal Nature.
- An article in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) details the current therapies and the future of regenerative medicine.
- A new gel developed for growing large quantities of neural stem cells could pave the way for new and sought after therapies
Volunteer for Foregen - We Want Your Help
- We are making a special request for volunteers on behalf of Brendon Marotta, director of the award winning documentary American Circumcision. He is seeking volunteers to help promote the film and invite groups to the screenings he is planning. If you're interested in assisting him with this you can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org This documentary will be an important part in the fight for genital integrity, so if you're available Brendon would definitely appreciate your help.
- Our Director of Events, Robert, is also interested in recruiting people to help with planning events and taking care of some of the administrative elements of it. If you’re interested in working with him on outreach efforts and building the community email him at email@example.com
- Foregen's Media Team has new volunteer positions open, and we need your help to fill them! These positions are becoming necessary for current activities and will be imperative to our future operations.
If you are interested in any of the following positions, please click on them to read more and apply:
Responses are checked daily. We will respond to ALL submissions within 3 business days.
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for our next newsletter. If you’d like more frequent updates, please head over to our blog, or visit one of our social media accounts – the links are at the bottom of this newsletter.
The Foregen Team