Dear Foregen Supporters,
Welcome back to our most recent newsletter. We have some important updates for you, and an overview of the best parts of October.
What’s Happened Since Last Time?
- As we mentioned on our Facebook page, we wanted to delay our newsletter so we could include an update on the events of last week. Our spokesman Eric Clopper had a speaking engagement at Cornell University during their sexual health week on October 16th. His speech was very well received, and the reaction of the audience was positive, changing people's minds and opening them to new perspectives that they had never considered before. This kind of content is what needs to be heard by people across the nation and the world, and having it occur at an Ivy League institution will amplify its effect and our profile. With 90 minutes of talking time, he was able to hit on many points and people realized how important this issue is and the implications it has as a part of our culture at home and abroad. We will be working on making the video available to you in the coming weeks, given that there are 100+ minutes of footage to edit.
- Brendon Marotta's new film American Circumcision will screen at the Lone Star Film Festival in Fort Worth, Texas. This film will be important for showing people the debate surrounding non-consensual genital cutting -from both sides- and how, with all of its negative consequences, has become intertwined in our culture. As a result, people can begin to see the need for a solution, which is the role Foregen can help fulfill.
- Specific Information: Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 2:15 PM at the AMC Palace Theater (220 E 3rd St, Fort Worth, Texas 76102). Tickets will only be available at the event – so try to get there early! Festival badge holders will be able to get in first. You can order a festival badge here. Consider taking someone who is on the fence about circumcision or expecting a child.
- Our search for new blog writers has proven fruitful and we have already added a new one, and are in talks with several more.
- Our new blog writer, Joshua, wrote an article on nerve regeneration and reattachment that should be of interest to all of our readers. Check it out on our blog!
- For September we hit a total of $9,538 in donations, which is awesome and pushes us further towards taking the next steps in our mission. Currently for the month we're at $8,048, and it would be great to pass $10,000 for October with 6 days left! Share and tell other activists about Foregen and the importance of the science we're pursuing to restore genital integrity. Our overall total to date is $235,088 - Let’s keep it up.
Tell Me Something Interesting
- ‘British researchers have created a new stem cell in mice, which has even greater potential than current cell lines in research and in the clinic.’
- FDA moves forward in approving regenerative therapies to match the success of general regenerative therapies
Volunteer for Foregen - We Want Your Help
- We are making a special request for volunteers on behalf of Brendon Marotta, director of the up-and-coming documentary American Circumcision. He is seeking volunteers to help promote the film and invite groups to the screenings he is planning. If you're interested in assisting him with this you can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org This documentary will be an important part in the fight for genital integrity, so if you're available Brendon would definitely appreciate your help.
- Our Director of Events, Robert, is also interested in recruiting people to help with planning events and taking care of some of the administrative elements of it. If you’re interested in working with him on outreach efforts and building the community email him at email@example.com
- We'd like to add more moderators to our social media platforms. If this sounds like something you’re interested in please fill out our survey here, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of yourself and how you can help out.
- We’re always interested in people who would like to contribute to our blog in some way, so if you have something you think we should share with the community, please fill out our blog writer survey or contact email@example.com
- If you’re a graphic designer, we’d be interested in speaking with you about putting together different visual materials to help spread the word about Foregen. We’d like to get your help, so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re available.
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for our next newsletter. If you’d like more frequent updates, please head over to our blog, or visit one of our social media accounts – the links are at the bottom of this newsletter.
The Foregen Team