Dear Foregen Supporters,
Welcome back to our most recent newsletter. We have some important updates for you, and an overview of the best parts of September.
What’s Happened Since Last Time?
- We have a special video update from our President, Vincenzo Aiello, about the current progress of our research, with excellent results. The foreskins in this study were completely decellularized, removing all donor tissue and eliminating any risk of being rejected by future patients, with the extracellular matrices (ECMs) also intact. They are therefore ready for use in the next animal model phase of our research after proper approval is received from the ethics committee.
- We also mentioned recently that Foregen was invited to talk for 90 minutes (yes, 90 minutes) at Cornell University in October for their Sexual Health Week. This will be the perfect opportunity for us to lay out the problems caused by non-consensual male genital cutting, its origins and why it's still perpetuated, its detrimental effects throughout a man's life - physical and psychological, as well as the work we are doing to create a solution.
- The first recording for our podcast is almost set and should be released soon across our platforms!
- We are also looking at adding some new writers to our blog, and will have more updates on that for you when they become available
- The overall total for donations we received for September was $9,548. It is less than last month, but we cannot express how grateful we are, since any amount you can afford helps to push our work forward, and for that we thank you! Our current overall total is $227,090 - Let’s keep it up.
Tell Me Something Interesting
- From MIT, ‘researchers have developed a new way to engineer liver tissue by organizing tiny subunits that contain three types of cells embedded into a biodegradable tissue scaffold.’
- A brief article from a group of international physicians from 16 European countries on genital integrity for children
- An article about Denmark’s doctors and their ethical position on non-consensual male genital cutting, describing it as having no meaningful health benefits
Volunteer for Foregen - We Want Your Help
- We’re looking for someone to help coordinate our blog and work with some of the writers. We want to make sure we get quality content out to our supporters, so if you’re interested in helping out with this please email email@example.com
- We’re looking to add moderators to some of our social media platforms. If this sounds like something you’re interested in please fill out our survey here, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of yourself and how you can help out.
- We’re always interested in people who would like to contribute to our blog in some way, so if you have something you think we should share with the community, please contact email@example.com
- If you’re a graphic designer, we’d be interested in speaking with you about putting together different visual materials to help spread the word about Foregen. We’d like to get your help, so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re available.
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for our next newsletter. If you’d like more frequent updates, please head over to our blog, or visit one of our social media accounts – the links are at the bottom of this newsletter.
The Foregen Team