Dear Foregen Supporters,
Welcome back to our most recent newsletter. We have some important updates for you, and an overview of the best parts of September thus far.
What’s Happened Since Last Time?
- As we mentioned recently on Facebook and other social media we will be finishing our current research work by the end of this month, and look forward to sharing that with you.
- Today is Dallas Pride and Foregen will be attending! We have some wonderful supporters who are volunteering to help run the booth, hand out educational materials, and interact with the public about this important issue. If you’re in the area feel free to stop by and talk with us and enjoy the event.
- We have the recording for our first podcast in the series and will look to post it across our platforms soon – we think this is a great way to connect with supporters and we intend to record more.
- We're looking into coordinating a speaking event at Cornell University during their sexual health week in October! This would be a great opportunity to speak with a young audience and build our network. We’ll let you know when we have more details.
- We introduced a new writer, Cody Gibson, who will be working on different articles on scientific topics that relate to Foregen and what we do. Check out this one here on the role of regenerative medicine!
- Donations so far for the month of September are $4,698. Last month we reached a monthly total of $10,551 and it would be amazing to exceed that record this month, too! Our current overall total is $222,200 - Let’s keep it up.
Tell Me Something Interesting
- The Nationwide Children’s Hospital has created a method with new engineered blood vessels that grow as the children grow.
- At the University of British Colombia Okanagan researchers have developed a new bio ink that could be used to 3D print artificial organs.
- A new technique developed by researchers at CNRS/Université Paris Diderot described as ‘magnetic cellular Legos’, is capable of growing cells together without the support of matrix, which could prove helpful in the future of regenerative medicine.
Volunteer for Foregen - We Want Your Help
- Currently, we’re looking for an assistant to help Robert, our Director of Events, organize and coordinate events we attend. If you’re interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with him.
- We would like to add moderators to some of our social media platforms. If this sounds like something you’re interested in please contact email@example.com with a resume and a short description of yourself and how you can help out.
- We’re still looking for blog writers, especially those that have studied History, Philosophy or other Humanities and would like to contribute a piece to our blog. If you’re interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you’re a graphic designer, we’d also be interested in speaking with you. Please contact email@example.com
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for our next newsletter. If you’d like more frequent updates, please head over to our blog, or visit one of our social media accounts – the links are at the bottom of this newsletter.
The Foregen Team