Dear Foregen Supporters,
Welcome back to our most recent newsletter. We have some important updates for you, and an overview of the best parts of May so far.
What’s Happened Since Last Time
- We’ve recruited a number of new team members to help us with a number of different tasks, including events, web design, and translation.
- We mentioned in our last newsletter that we were looking to form a team of artists to help with things like video animations and anatomical imagery, and we’ve had some great responses! If you’re interested in volunteering you can fill out our survey here.
- We’ve been doing a lot of work behind the scenes, particularly working on designing a new website, hence our recruitment of artists and their talents. This effort has been going very well and we’ll update you when we have more to share.
- For the month of May so far we’ve reached a total of $6,426 in donations, which helps us move forward with the next parts of our mission! Tell other activists about Foregen and the science we’re researching to help restore genital integrity to men around the world. Our overall total to date is $317,279 - Let’s keep it up.
Tell Me Something Interesting
A piece about an interesting development recently from the University of Zurich:
“Cardiovascular tissue engineering aims to treat heart disease with prostheses that grow and regenerate. Now, researchers from the University of Zurich, the Technical University Eindhoven and the Charité Berlin have successfully implanted regenerative heart valves, designed with the aid of computer simulations, into sheep for the first time.”
- A video describing how induced pluripotent stem cells have incredible potential, helping researchers and clinicians bypass the traditional problems with obtaining patient specific stem cells.
Volunteer for Foregen - We Want Your Help
If you are interested in any of the following positions, please click on them to read more and apply:
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for our next newsletter. If you’d like more frequent updates, please head over to our blog, or visit one of our social media accounts – the links are at the bottom of this newsletter.
The Foregen Team