Dear Foregen Supporters,
Welcome back to our most recent newsletter. We have some important updates for you, and an overview of the best parts of March.
What’s Happened Since Last Time
- As we've previously mentioned, our very own Eric Clopper is presenting a talk at Harvard on May 1st at Sanders Theatre in Memorial Hall, Harvard University's most iconic venue. What you are about to see is a culmination of five years of concentrated genius focused in one maniacal direction. This is my Magnum Opus; it is the speech of our generation; we will never be the same. Invite your friends. Attend my talk. Do not be late. Doors open at 6:30. I will not disappoint. You can buy tickets here
- We heard back from our friends with Droit au Corps, a French bodily autonomy organization we recently partnered with. They were able to attend a sexology conference and offered to represent Foregen as well! It was a great success for them, and we were told the HuFo sculpture we lent them was the centerpiece of their booth and sparked a lot of questions. We’ll have a write up soon from them with more information about their experience and look forward to sharing that with you.
- We heard from our partner Brendon Marotta that the first screening of his film went very well and was positively received! This is an incredible film to support - you can check here to see a list of upcoming screenings - if there’s one near you considering showing your support for Brendon and attending. Also, if you’re interested in hosting a screening for the film, you can check this page for the details and how to contact Brendon about setting it up.
- An ongoing survey we have from our Director of Events we would like for you to fill out so we can learn more about how you found Foregen.
- Another ongoing form we put together is for our supporters to make suggestions. If you have an idea that you'd like to let us know about, please feel free to fill out and submit this form. We'll review all submissions and consider your ideas!
- For March we reached a total of $12,865 in donations, the second best month for Foregen, and which helps us move forward with the next parts of our mission! Tell other activists about Foregen and the science we’re researching to help restore genital integrity to men around the world. Our overall total to date is $301,939 - Let’s keep it up.
Tell Me Something Interesting
- A very important and interesting piece relevant to Foregen’s work, that details how “using ultra-high resolution imaging, researchers from Oxford University have been able to examine the brains of amputees to see how their brains change following the loss of an arm. Seeing the brain at this level of detail has revealed for the first time that amputees’ brains retain an incredibly detailed map of the missing hand and individual fingers.”
- An article about how ‘Alofisel is the first stem cell therapy made out of donor stem cells to receive a marketing authorization in Europe. The European Commission has approved Alofisel (darvadstrocel), a stem cell therapy to treat complex perianal fistulas — one of the most disabling complications of Crohn’s disease.’ This is very significant since it represents a first in the European market for stem cell therapies and helps to build the path for other treatments down the line.
Volunteer for Foregen - We Want Your Help
If you are interested in any of the following positions, please click on them to read more and apply:
- Responses are checked daily. We will respond to ALL submissions within 3 business days.
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for our next newsletter. If you’d like more frequent updates, please head over to our blog, or visit one of our social media accounts – the links are at the bottom of this newsletter.
The Foregen Team