Dear Foregen Supporters,
Welcome back to our most recent newsletter. We have some important updates for you, and an overview of the best parts of February.
What’s Happened Since Last Time
- Important Update: On May 1, 7 pm, Foregen Spokesman, Eric Clopper, will be delivering his Magnum Opus at Harvard University's most iconic venue, Sanders Theatre. In this mahogany hall, Eric will trace the circumcision lie from its origins to present day with all the showmanship you've come to expect from him. Come prepared for the most outrageous, compelling, and indomitable performance you've ever seen. Mark your calendars - it is worth traveling for this event. Links to tickets will be available shortly.
- A big announcement is the release of our first podcast with host Jordan Arel! We have it posted here on YouTube and are looking into submitting it to iTunes so it's available on more platforms. Give it a watch and tell us what you think in the comments. We have another one in the works with a guest lined up and we look forward to sharing future content with you.
Brendon's second Kickstarter for his award-winning documentary American Circumcision has reached its goal of $20,000 and surpassed it! For more information about what his Kickstarter will help fund take a look here.
- We recruited a new volunteer, Shane, to serve as Assistant Director of Events for our Director, Robert.
- We’ve finished work on two new web pages we mentioned last time: 'Volunteer Positions' as well as 'Materials', which includes all of the translations we've been working on; we'd like to continue to add more materials as they become available. We'll also be working on a ‘Foregen at a Glance’ page to give newcomers an idea of what we've done.
- We have barely a week left until SXSW, and all of our final preparations have been made! It's going to be an exciting opportunity to make connections for the future and educate the public on our goals.
- An ongoing survey we have from our Director of Events we would like for you to fill out so we can learn more about how you found Foregen.
- Another ongoing form we put together is for our supporters to make suggestions. If you have an idea that you'd like to let us know about, please feel free to fill out and submit this form. We'll review all submissions and consider your ideas!
- For February we reached a total of $9,715 in donations, which helps us move forward with the next parts of our mission! Tell other activists about Foregen and the science we’re researching to help restore genital integrity to men around the world. Our overall total to date is $289,499 - Let’s keep it up.
Tell Me Something Interesting
- A piece about scientists at the University of Twente have managed to 3D print structures with living cells, which could boost the field of tissue engineering
- An article describing how British researchers have developed biomaterials that better recreate the conditions required for stem cells to grow into desired cell types.
Volunteer for Foregen - We Want Your Help
If you are interested in any of the following positions, please click on them to read more and apply:
- Responses are checked daily. We will respond to ALL submissions within 3 business days.
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for our next newsletter. If you’d like more frequent updates, please head over to our blog, or visit one of our social media accounts – the links are at the bottom of this newsletter.
The Foregen Team