Foregen has been a non profit (onlus) in Italy since April 2010. We are extremely happy to report that in addition to the Italian non-profit status, Foregen is now officially a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the United States. This status was achieved on April 11, 2012.You can see the approval letter by clicking here.
Not only does this status allow Foregen to be legally recognized as a public charity, it also provides us (and our supporters) with many other benefits which are listed below:
- Public recognition of our non profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- We can assure our donors that their United States donations are tax deductible.
- We are eligible to receive federal, state and local grants.
- We will be exempt from federal taxes.
- We will be exempt from state income taxes, sales taxes and property taxes.
- Non profit mailing privileges and cheaper classified rates.
We will be updating our website shortly with the following information:
- Confirmation that we have relocated to Los Angeles and registered as a non profit there.
- A copy of our 501(c)(3) non profit status registration documents.
- Confirmation on the donation page that donations from the United States are now tax deductible.
- A link to the Internal Revenue Service charities page confirming our 501(c)(3) status as soon as our entry is added to the relevant IRS database.
We decided to found a Foregen in the USA because non-religious circumcision in the US is the most widespread out of all the countries in the world. Now that we have achieved our goal of obtaining official non profit recognition in the US, we have not excluded the possibility of founding the same type of non profit in even more countries where circumcision is widespread.
If you have any questions or comments about this article, you can contact us through the comments section below, the forum, our twitter page, our facebook page, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support.