tumblr hit tracking tool

OVER $35,000 RAISED! We have achieved our first goal!

We are very pleased to announce that foregen has reached our first goal and succeeded in raising $35,000!  Not only that, but we achieved this milestone almost six weeks ahead of our project deadline.  This news means that the initial experiments into foreskin regeneration can finally begin soon.  Without the support of thousands of donors this never would have been possible, and we want to thank all of you who have supported foregen for your dedication and persistence.

It is quite a unique opportunity to have the chance to turn a dream into reality.  Many have told us that the technology was too immature, or that we would never be able to find the funding for such a project.  However, now that we see even more clearly the determination of our supporters, we are more confident than ever in the future of foregen.

However, we still have greater plans.  This milestone was important, but it won’t be the last time that we will need to ask for your support.  The work this summer is only preliminary – it is important to continue helping foregen however you can.  Please look forward to more news about our scientific progress in the coming months, and know that we are already planning for the next goal!

This entry was posted in Blog, News. Bookmark the permalink.

150 Responses to OVER $35,000 RAISED! We have achieved our first goal!

1. John Doe says:

Great news and thanks for giving us hope!

2. DJ says:

Congratulations Foregen, I hope the tests go well. Looking forward to hearing about the results keep us updated!

3. PJ says:

Congratulations Foregen!

4. It's my foreskin and I want it now! says:

I agree with DJ. Very much looking forward to the results and do keep us updated!

5. Alex says:

Fantastic news! I wish I could have contributed this time, but I nevertheless hope to contribute in future fundraisers.

6. Jared says:

Awesome news! Looking forward to hearing about how the preliminary experiments go.

7. Jordan says:

So this summer you’ll be doing the lab tests and then you’ll need more donations in the Autumn for the clinical tests, right?

8. Enzo says:

Exactly

9. Angel says:

Who is doing the lab tests and what are they looking to achieve? There was an article recently about the US Military looking to invest heavily in regenerative medicine to help injured military personnel. It was my understanding that regeneration of genitalia is one of the goals of their undertaking as well. Regards…

• Rej says:

I doubt it because if so nobody would be on the battle field ;)

• Geoffrey Winner says:

The only good thing the US is good at is being in debt.

The U.S. medical community is all about, half-assed medicine so that you will always be coming back for more, like a drug dealer practically. If anything, China would be only military force that would even consider investing in regenerative medicine.

10. Park says:

What is the purpose of first clinical trial?

11. Mike says:

What does the first trial do? What’s suppose to happen?

12. Nate says:

This is very exciting! Unfortunately I’m unable to donate but if I could I’d give you every penny I have.

• Chris says:

I know that lack of money is a major issue for many people. But even if you donate a few dollars it would still help. If a few thousand people donate a few dollars each it adds up quick.

13. Incognito says:

For everyone with concernes about not having enough money, I just donated $25, which is about how much I pay for gas every 2 weeks, or about how much I pay for food for about 2-3 days. If everyone who has posted a comment on this page (16) gave a measly $25, then that would be $400!!!

14. Zane says:

I myself would love to know what will be happening during these prelimanry tests and the purpose of them please?

15. atfman says:

Jews attack germany.
    they threaten the threat.
    It there’s an article in Swiss newspapers. Every day.
    There is always a comment from someone who says it’s okay.
    nobody has ever complained.
    incredible!
    We move the human right of Switzerland to Germany.

16. Tal says:

I think the preliminary test (lab test) is to see if they can actually regrow the foreskin. The next clinical tests might be to actually regrow the foreskin and attach it to a live subject or possibly regrow the foreskin directly on the subjects genitals?
    I’m not 100% sure, but thats my guess.

17. INeedAForeskinRegen says:

Congratulations Foregen, this is amazing news! I certainly hope the tests go well. I’m looking forward with extreme anticipation to hearing about the results. Does anyone know what the most current news is? Please keep us updated. I would love to volunteer for the trials this summer, if that’s at all possible. I don’t mind taking the risk of being a human guinea pig!

18. Daniel Dean McGuire says:

Has anyone contacted Soros and other billionaires or even millionaires and asked them to fund foregen for stem cell foreskin regeneration? just wondering if this has been done cause last i heard a relatively small amount of money was the major barrier between the technology being investigational and it growing genetically identical foreskins for dudes to the ones that were stolen from them.

• Circumsized Male says:

Yeah, billionaires and millionaires would be the best way to get money. Or we could sack the Vatican and steal all their wealth. It would be justified.

• INeedAForeskinRegen says:

Seriously? Billionaires and people like that are not going to help fund this. Those sorts are the problem, not the solution. They are some of the largest financial backers of pro-circumcision pharma-medical establishment(s), junk-science African studies to “prove” circumcision “prevents” AIDS, and so on.

• anonymous supporter says:

There are a few celebrities against circumcision. Cameron Diaz, Jack Black, Ben Affleck, Howard Stern, Russell Crowe, to name a few. It would be awesome if they would be willing to help Foregen.

• INeedAForeskinRegen says:

There’s a difference between celebrities and corporation-running billionaires/trillionaires. Most publicly famous “celebrities” aren’t worth more than a few hundred million.

• anonymous supporter says:

Foregen’s initial goal is 200k. If one or more celebrities donated just a fraction of their millions, then that would be very helpful and greatly appreciated, even if they weren’t completely funding Foregen.

That’s all I’m trying to say. The way I read Dan’s comment, Soros was only an example–the “or even millionaires” part allows for other wealthy people. Again, I realize that “helping” isn’t the same as “funding”, but there would be significant progress nonetheless, at least from a financial standpoint.

• INeedAForeskinRegen says:

I agree, it would be great if someone rich like that would help. World peace would be great too, but that doesn’t mean it’s real likely to happen any time real soon. I’m just saying, we can’t count on it. Sure it would be nice, and MAYBE there’ll be a big donor or two — sure would be helpful — but in the meantime, we have to keep supporting Foregen by donating whatever little bits we can, when we can.

• anonymous supporter says:

I say it’s still worth a shot. We’ll never know unless we try, and there’s no harm in asking, nothing to lose. Foregen will be no worse off than before if nothing comes of it. So why not give it a shot? Because we can’t count on it? There’s no question that we’ll continue donating, but that doesn’t mean we should just give up on other potential sources of funding. So let’s be optimistic about this, much like we’re all optimistic to one day regain what was taken from us, despite all the detractors and naysayers out there.

• INeedAForeskinRegen says:

I agree completely. There’s no harm in giving it a shot. :) Someone at Foregen should do that. Get in touch with them…or whatever.

19. restored says:

Just a curious question…

If I have a restored foreskin, will I need a second circumcision, and then have that regenerated?

• Nick says:

I’m guessing that the method they are going to create will be specific for those who are circumcised and haven’t yet restored. This being said, there is a lot of great research out there about the transplantation of nerve tissue into existing skin.
      Even if this could be done, you would still be missing some key pieces, namely the physical structure of the frenulum, and the frenar band. As always, it’s good to know your options though.
      I hope this is helpful.

• Chris says:

Foregen’s goal is to regenerate a complete, intact foreskin with all the nerves. I’m not sure exactly how that will be done, but if the regeneration is successful one thing is for certain. They will have to regenerate skin tissue with the nerves.

So I’m thinking that in theory, it should not matter whether or not a man is restored. The new regenerated tissue can be applied in either case. Even if some tissue had to be removed from a restored man it shouldn’t really matter, becasue the tissue would be replaced with new tissue, your tissue with your DNA.

Of course it’s all theoretical, and nothing is proven fact until it is actually tried.

• Retroman says:

They have a youtube video up. Foregen is the account name.

• sportivetricks says:

This is all very interesting and exciting.

Unfortunately, for those who have restored, it doesn’t seem so simple as simply re-circumcising a restored man. From what I have read about the method Foregen is currently investigating, the idea would be to debride, and thereby reopen, the surgical wound at the site of the circumcision scar. In theory, then, one could use regenerative medical technologies to “shut off” the body’s response to repair the debrided skin with scar tissue and, instead, signal the body’s original, in-the-womb, instructions to build a foreskin out towards and over the glans. For a restored man, this would mean growth of an entire foreskin beginning from the point that the remaining shaft skin has been stretched to. Does that make sense?

I’m not sure regeneration would be impossible for restored men, it might, however, present additional challenges. For instance, restored men might require a plastic surgery “tuck” of the stretched shaft skin before going forward with regeneration from the circumcision scar.

I should also admit that this logic has formed my own decision to NOT restore while Foregen (and others?) pursue research in regeneration, so I might be a little biased. If this technology never develops, I might be years behind when the necessity of restoration as opposed to regeneration becomes apparent.

• sportivetricks says:

Actually, as I think about this more since I posted, I think that restored men would simply require a much more extensive deriding procedure, perhaps removing the shaft skin near(er) the base of the penis and regenerating un-stretched skin as well as the foreskin. From what I have read, some researchers are developing ways to grow skin back on an entire burned forearm. Doesn’t seem unreasonable (although it does seem unpleasant!) to remove most of the skin from the penis and regenerate it. Still, however, not simply a “re-circumcison.” I think we’d be talking about a pretty gruesome first step, fellas. Look at the photos of the regenerated scalp from a man who had bad hair implant scars . . . they took some big chunks out before regrowing them.

As I continue to think more about this, it seems to me that there is TREMENDOUS potential for cosmetic surgeries if this technology could develop. I’m very excited that Foregen could set off a absolute flurry of development. Forward Foregen, Forward!!!!!

20. Tyler MacAulay says:

This is phenomenal. We now have a chance of achieving what was once unreachable: obtaining that, as a birth right and a right as human beings, which was stolen from us. We can now become full men with our whole bodies as we were born. This new step is as large or even larger than our first steps on the moon. We now have a chance to reverse the torture, mutilation, rape, and heartbreak of all the people of our gender that have been wronged! The magnitude of this is staggering considering the almost hopeless misinformed masses who have not awoken to the horrors of what male-genital mutilation brings. With this, I pray that we can give our gender now and in the future the right to live as we should naturally. Please, never falter in this endeavor.

21. faiyo says:

I am pleased to learn of this. I hope for myself and all other circumcised men, these trials go well. It is my intention to have this treatment when it matures.

22. Jordan says:

I have been wondering for a while now, can we restore the frenulum, and the frenar band? I have no clue but it would be cool if there is a way later down the road of regenerative medicine.

23. Nick says:

The important question to ask here is what constitutes the frenulum and frenar band from a cellular and structural point of view. More specifically what parts of these are particularly challenging to recreate.

I suggest becoming familiar with current research in the field of regenerative medicine but to summarize without writing too long of an explanation:

I believe that the high density of specialized nerve tissue in the frenulum is the most challenging portion of it. Research has been done to show that these specialized nerve cells can be regenerated, but I don’t recall seeing any large results about the density of said cells in regenerated tissue.

Furthermore, the hard part of recreating the frenar band is, in my opinion, the balance between multiple cell types that must be created. The addition of the muscle tissue in the frenar band may prove to be an interesting challenge.

I believe that they are both within reach – personally I feel that the regeneration of the frenulum is more easily attainable – but neither is impossible.

• Incognito says:

I think an even more important question would be if regeneration of penile tissue is possible, then would it have to be grown externally (in-vitro), or could a special solution that triggers a growth response be placed directly on an open wound and allowed to regenerate on the actual body (in-vivo)?

I strongly believe that if a growth response can be triggered and all the needed foundations are in place, then the body wil heal itself. This process will take longer, probably several weeks or months, but the end result would truly be an exact copy of what would have originally been there.

My thinking is that all the tissue from the circumcision scar all the way to the tip of urethra could be removed, leaving a fresh foundation for new tissue to form in the same matter as it would have in the womb. A solution can be administered, or a tissue graph could be wrapped around the exposed wound, and hopefully the body will react by reverting back to an embryonic state, in which the glans and foreskin are re-fused, then separated naturally when completely healed.

• INeedAForeskinRegen says:

That would be nice. Hopefully it can be done. Now I’m just thinking about how nice and fresh and new and natural and RIGHT that would feel…

• Anonymous says:

This is exactly what I was thinking because there are some who have damage to the glans from a forceful separation, also the veins and arteries are going to be extremely challenging particularly since there is a constant blood flow to the area that could compromise the healing process.
        Also with regards to the comment I made earlier that wasn’t approved, when I said that it is probable that the first trial was only to try to dispel any wishful thinking so that if it turns out to be unsuccessful, that it is to be expected because it’s the first time anything like this has been attempted and therefore don’t disregard the possibility entirely.

• Shane says:

There is some way how the flow to the new veins of the generating foreskin will work!! It has already been done and perfectly healed on the guy who got his finger back!! It’s probably not possible to understand how it works right now, but it should with no problem! The guy who got back his finger thanks to his brother, even the veins in the new part of the regenerated finger is back! No Worries!
          I’m not sure about the foreskin and and glands fusing back together Unless the the glands first un-callouses!

• Glorious King Nate says:

I would think it would be grown in-vitro so that the patient would not be stuck on an operating table for several months. the frenulum would probably need to be in-vivo because I can’t imagine how they would go about re-attaching it

24. Nick says:

Your idea is interesting, and I will have to spend some time thinking about it.

I am not sure though about the glans and foreskin being fused together throughout the healing process. My reasoning for this is that the glans and foreskin slowly become separated over puberty, which means that their separation is signaled by chemical changes in the body which begin in puberty. As a result I feel that it is likely that these chemical signals are still present in our bodies even after the duration of puberty. I therefore doubt that the glans and foreskin will wait to separate until it’s completely healed – even if they are fused in the initial construction.

• Nick says:

Actually, upon researching it a little bit, it seems that large fraction of boys have their foreskins retractable before puberty. Even still, this doesn’t give any good justification as to why the foreskin and glans would remain fused.

• Incognito says:

I definitely see your reasoning, but if you look at how the salamander regrows its limbs, it forms a kind of barrier on the outside of the wound, then reverts back to an embryonic state, which triggers stem cells to go to the wound and regrow the different tissues. It may be posible that as adults, the embryonic trigger may not cause the foreskin and glans to fuse, but even if they don’t, I still believe that having renewed glans tissue would be something that would also have great impact on the end result.

This kind of thing will never be known for sure until someone tests it out on a cadaver, penis clone, or on another species with similar penile anatomy.

25. adrian says:

There was news recently of a lady – school bus monitor – who was hated on by the students.
    Someone caught it on phone camera and posted on youtube – in a matter of weeks she got
    $600,000 of sympathy money from internet donors. Foregen – that’s the way to go – post a few videos with link for donations and you’ll be funded for full scale trials in no time at all

26. atfman says:

I read this article, in the Swiss press.
    There was never press on foregen?

27. atfman says:

The Hospital of zurich, Switzerland it suspended the circumcisions.
    following the decision of the Germans
    The Hospital of Lausanne (CHUV) Switzerland continues
    500 to 530 circumcision annually, 20% religious

• Chris says:

I thought that hospitals in most countries do not perform RIC, and if a parent wants their kid circumcised they have to go to a private clinic.

28. John says:

Foregen you beauty! You are doing great, don’t give up!

You will definitely release a cure, we got so many supporters and the truth about circumcision is getting out!

Don’t worry about the pro-circumcision groups, they are breaching a legal law about freedom of speech. But court trails and stuff are a waste of money, but we are always here to support you guys!

Greetings and have a lovely summer!

-John

29. Ryan says:

Excellent news, Foregen! More power to you. I will help any way I can. I am actively trying to regain the protective function of my missing prepuce by stretching the shaft skin over the glans with a device called the ‘TLC Tugger’. A long process that can 3 years or more to achieve. I was genitally mutilated at 14 days of age for no good reason what-so-ever and this totally unnecessary procedure has a negative impact on my life both physically and emotionally. It gives me great hope that we are on the verge of achieving regenerative medicine for men and women who have been harmed by genital mutilation and the wider application of regenerative medicine as well. Thank you Foregen!

Just came across this quote which I agree 100% with and can fully attest to this impact of genital mutilation within my own life:

“Reich identified genital mutilations as but one, albeit a major one, of a series of brutal and cruel acts directed toward infants and children which possess hidden motives designed to cause a painful, permanent contraction of the child’s physical and emotional self. Reich saw the real purpose of circumcision, and other assaults upon the child’s sexuality, to be the reduction of the child’s emotional fluidity and energy level, and their ability to experience maximal pleasurable genital excitation later in life, a major step in, as he put it, transmuting Homo sapiens into armored Homo normalis. Reich argued that parents and doctors blindly advocated or performed the genital mutilations, and other painful shamanistic medical procedures, in proportion to their own emotional armoring and pleasure-anxiety, in order to make children more like themselves: obedient, docile, and reduced in sexual vigor and emotional vitality (Reich 1967, 1973).” http://www.wikigender.org/index.php/Male_Genital_Mutilation_(MGM)

30. Anonymous says:

What if this regenerative medicine falls into the WORONG hands? I mean there are plenty of companies who are nabbing kid’s Foreskins to make face creams, and I absolutely HATE the thought that these corporations Have taken advantage of an event that Changed my WHOLE forever, for a beauty product that won’t last 1 /12 months. What a pathetic way to change an infant’s life for the worse.

GO FOREGEN.

31. EK says:

I am so anxious to hear more news. I lost my virginity not long ago and had a woman point out something that I hadn’t thought about in years – I was circumcised. It bothers me to think that near birth, I was held down and someone cut off some of the most sensitive tissue of my body for no reason, they collected a paycheck, and went about their day. I would love to be able to experience what sex is supposed to feel like and I would love to allow a woman to feel this too. All the research suggests regeneration will be possible, so I am anxious to heal as fast as I can. I’m still a poor student, but I would give almost anything to have this functioning back. Keep up the good work Foregen!

32. EK says:

I’ll try to get to this unless someone else beats me to it, but we need to do whatever we can to make this more public. Let’s make a Wikipedia page for Foregen, lets make posts on Reddit, StumbleUpon, Digg, Slashdot, etc. If we raise awareness, more funding and more research will follow. For any of us without large paychecks in particular, lets make this our contribution. :) Who’s in?

• Anonymous says:

I’m currently unemployed, but when I get some income again I plan to donate to Foregen regularly. I agree with you EK that I believe my ‘contribution’ to the cause right now is that I tell everyone I can about foregen, especially on Reddit. I take it to the more personal level by writing them a private message whenever someone complains about being circumcised and I reassure them that there is hope. Often times I get a reply of excitement and that they spread the word as well.

I’m sure we are all trying to spread the word but we need to keep at it, because Foregen already reached their first goal 6 weeks ahead of time!

33. Liam says:

Great news, congratulations. I was wondering, what is currently the favoured technique for foreskin restoration, in-vivo or in-vitro? Or is all this going to be worked out during the trails? I’m in favour of in-vivo myself, if the technique works with the finger, it may be the best way to reproduce the lost tissue exactly the way it was, despite it not being entirely practical (although a surgeon connecting up every individual nerve in surgery doesn’t seem entirely practical either)

• Incognito says:

I agre with you in regards to in-vivo techniques, but I imagine they will attempt several different techniques, and probably apply a combination of them for the trials since that would make the most sense financially. They will have a set budget, specimens, workers, etc. This diversification of techniques should make the most of what they have at their disposal. So, the techniques that work the best will go on to phase 2.

This is my assumption at least…

• Liam says:

Check that, I just read an old update on the site and they said that ‘pixie dust’ stuff grows the skin back too thick and wouldn’t be appropriate. If they’re gonna do it in vitro, really hope they are able to reproduce all functions of the foreskin and have it feel exactly as it should have. Well, one day anyway. Good luck with the initial trials!

34. Mike says:

I’ll do a fund raiser tour of 48 states, or if there is enough interest HI and AK, and if there is enough interest Other Countries as well.

I’ll do a pre-op tour, and post op tour, with an auction for being the first lady to get to see the results of my Virgin Foreskin.

a portion of what I receive in this fundraiser will goto the general Foregen fund, A portion will Goto my own Foregen repair, And the other potion to cover living expenses and the tour.

I’ve never set up a fund raiser tour, so if someone would like to help…

I think I’ll start off with a post on Reddit, not sure where else to get publicity.

35. sportivetricks says:

Another thought has just crossed my mind. I very encounter people who say that it will be “ten years” before any regenerative treatment would be available. But, aren’t these experiments all with new applications of EXISTING procedures? As in, hasn’t much of the regenerative technology already been tested and approved? Would it take so long to get approval for regenerating skin on the penis when regenerating skin on the, say, arm is already thoroughly studied?

Just a thought….

36. Tom says:

Over $40,000 dollars raised, and we’re sending more all the time. I try to send $100 whenever I can spare it. It won’t be long before every recipient of involuntary genital cutting can have his or her body and life back.

Freedom is the future. Slavery will be left to the past. We are embracing self-determination for today even when others tried their utmost to deny it to us. It is surely an exciting time to be alive. We are going to win, and soon.

37. Connor says:

Why do men work hard in school?

GET A KICK ASS JOB

Why do people get a kick ass job?

MAKE MONEY

Why do people make money?

HAVE POWER AND STATUS AND FIND A BEAUTIFUL WIFE (referring to men here)

Why do people want power and status and a beautiful wife?

SO THAT SEX WILL FEEL REALLY GOOD AND THERE WILL BE MORE TIME FOR SEX AND BETTER SEX

Why the fuck wouldn’t a rich man with power and status want his foreskin back so sex could feel even better?

HE DOESN’T KNOW WHAT HE IS MISSING

Why aren’t we explaining this to every rich circumcised American?

THERE IS NO REASON… LET’S FUCKING DO IT.

38. Park says:

What is the difference between clinical trial and lap test?

39. Will says:

If I do manual stretching (loosely cut, barely any of the frelum was cut and maybe have some tiny ridged band left)will that make the “end results” (when foregen comes out and I get treatment) worse? will my stretched skin be able to “injected” with cells to enhance it, or should I wait?

• faiyo says:

Hi, I am muslim and circumcised. I have a DTR restoration device and I simply stopped using it because I am wating for the tests to be successful. My foreskin was stolen as a child and it really sucks. Circumcision also stunts the natural growth and development of the shaft and cause painful erections. I also have pubic hairs all the way up to half of my shaft length.

This circumcision thing inflects so much physical and mental trauma. I can’t wate to get it back if I can.

40. Shane says:

I feel so bad, because I didn’t get to donate that much money and still can’t afford a membership here because I can’t find a job$! I’m glad to know that there are some medical people in world who don’t hate genitalia! It’s great to know there are still some intelligent people on earth, and Sex-haters who play God shouldn’t be defended by the submissive!

41. ForeskinRestorer1991 says:

What is the update?

The blog is nearly 2 months late.

I will donate as I haven’t done it lately. Please, do not let the donations be in vain. This is purely done for people who want their foreskin back, and it is their right legally.

42. Will says:

Don’t let it all go in vain, let us cure the disease they created on us (circumcision) you are literally saving lives, don’t let us and other people die like this

43. Anthony says:

I’m 20 years old, and what I’m about to type may come as a complete shock to some people. I will never have sex until I get my foreskin regenerated (granted foreskin regeneration actually becomes a reality). That may sound selfish, extreme, or whatever, but I’m sorry, that’s the choice I’ve made. I don’t care that I’m still a virgin, foreskin is a vital and extremely important part of the penis anatomy. If I was born with it, why cut it off? It’s not hurting me, it’s not hurting anyone else, why tamper with it? Sex is just half the reason I’d want my foreskin back, foreskin just looks better, and it’s how a penis should look. Everyone should have all their natural body parts intact. I just want to feel whole again. I have a big ugly looking scar on my penis, which I thought was normal growing up. Now that I’ve done tons of research, my penis just looks mutilated. My scar is uneven and all messed up, it’s horrible to look at, I HATE IT!!! The truth remains, if foreskin regeneration isn’t a reality by the time I’m like 50, well I have to accept the fact I’m going to die a virgin. This is something I’m willing to accept.

44. Chris says:

Seriously? It’s autumn. I’m really eager to hear about the results. Please don’t be a hit and run…

• Marcus says:

You need to be patient. First of all, it’s not even autumn yet. Second, they said “in the autumn” (which means during the fall; which means anywhere between Sept. 23- Dec. 20) not “the first day of autumn”. Third, if you really care about Foregen, then become a member and help them out; that way you could see what is going on behind the scenes over there. I know that you want your foreskin back as soon as possible (as do us all), but you NEED to be patient. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

45. Will says:

I don’t think they care anymore

• Marcus says:

I don’t understand what you’re saying. Why don’t you sign up as a member and help them out instead of spreading BS.

• Will says:

Calm down, I simply state that despite emails they have yet to even say anything and so much is up in the air and I’m tired of guessing games, I love this group but I am deeply afraid they’ll take the money and run and leave us high and dry

• Marcus says:

There is no need for me to calm down as I was not being aggressive. You say that you are tired of “guessing games”, then why don’t join the supporter’s forum that so you can see what is going behind the scenes.
          “I love this group but I am deeply afraid they’ll take the money and run and leave us high and dry”- Again, if you just join the supporter’s forum you’ll see what is going behind the scenes.
          Instead of sitting on the outside moping around, join the supporter’s forum and help out Foregen in any way that you can. This is a pure grassroots effort. Foregen is the first of its kind and we are the foundation of it. If we want Foregen to succeed, then it is up to us.

If you want to learn about Foregen’s philosophy then read “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill (original unabridged edition; it’s public domain so you can find it anywhere online for free)

Join the supporter’s forum.

46. Vanessa says:

Everyone should inquire on skin regeneration companies such as epistem.co.uk

Epistem wrote back to my inquiry and said that they “culture 3 D human living skin equivalents to model normal, healthy skin. However, not all the components of human skin are present though ( sweat glands, etc) and it isn’t clear how easy it would be to incorporate that functionality. In the case of damaged foreskin, active desquamation may also be needed. It may be possible to add the enzymes required for desquamation to the skin construct, during culture.”

Making the skin in lab is completely possible, we need to focus attention on ensuring skin is functional and there is a surgeon/hospital that can conduct the surgery properly. I believe Epistem is the way to go.

47. Slick says:

I have to agree I think foregen is fighting the good fight, but I too feel they could have better communication with its supporters.

48. Glorious King Nate says:

i need to start buying lotto tickets… 1 mil would be very nice

49. Foreskinrestorer1991 says:

Oh yeah I cannot use PayPal. It doesn’t work for me :(

If you could also provide a third option, like a staff member could make an option on the site, it would be very helpful.

50. Trent says:

Epistem.co.uk emailed me again and said:

“We are contract service organization so we would need to receive the funding beforehand to engage in any work. We perform in vitro skin culture studies for our pharma and biotech clients and these studies tend to cost in the region of £10,000+ for a single in vitro culture study; studies to develop a new model are likely to cost a lot more. We would then need to factor in the cost of repeat studies.”

£10,000+ is equal to about US$16,202+

51. atfman says:

germany will authorize new religious circumcision.
    the Jewish lobby won.

• Stephen says:

This is devastating… The world just cannot get it right. People really need to learn to get out of other people’s business, and stop trying to “do what is right.”

52. JD1990 says:

please everyone, be patient.
    with ANY medical research or trial, results are published after the tests are completed and results are verified. That is common practice across ANY research. There is more information in the supporters forum so if you wish to read that, please join and help support the group funding instead of questioning on here. Results will be published in due course when the trial is concluded. Please keep donating, keep your heads up and stay strong. We will achieve complete restoration, despite all pro-circ movements and negative beliefs. Spread the word – Foregen is the future, and the future looks amazing.

53. Boris says:

My question is if they get this working will it regenerate verything lost according to this: http://www.norm.org/lost.html

54. Joseph says:

Please make this happen

55. Joseph says:

Does anyone know how i can get help? this is destroying me

• Stephen says:

Please go to a therapist. It well help you cope with a sense of loss if you get your feelings all out. After all, they are just feelings

• true friend says:

Conserve your “leftovers” by taping them into their natural position, over the glans. Use 1/2″ Micropore from 3M to hold it in place just before the meatus, and change it every 1-2 days. It may be difficult at first but practice makes perfect. You will start to see God if you are willing to give up and forgive.

• Stephen says:

I’m sorry that advice seemed somewhat condescending now that I’ve re-read it. I meant well with it– it really would help to see a therapist. But in the meantime there are plenty of ways to restore foreskin, or if you have lost some mobility of shaft skin you could just restore that part. “true friend” has the right idea. There are plenty of websites that will give you more advice on restoration. Best wishes.

• Joseph says:

Thank you for helping me. I went to the doctor and told him everything. I should be on my way to feeling ok now. At least I hope so I dont want to feel so horrible anymore.Just want to be happy for once

• true friend says:

…and if you are between 18 and 18.5 years old you should sue the pants off of the Dr and the Hospital who did it. Be sure to donate to Foregen.

56. Jordan says:

I just thought I’d share this incase no one had seen this today, on Wikipedia’s main page the “In the news” feed has this bit of awesome news:
    “John Gurdon and Shinya Yamanaka win the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for the discovery that mature cells can be converted to stem cells.”
    This is great news for anyone in need of stem cells, I don’t know if this would work but could also be used for things like foreskin restoration?

57. Peter says:

What are we going to do now? What is the next step?

58. Tim says:

Does anyone know how to make a Wikipedia page? I think that would be a good way to get people to learn about this cause. Everyone looking at circumcision, in just a few clicks, could be linked to a Foregen Wikipedia page, and learn that people are working on a cure for circumcision…

59. Tim says:

Does anyone know how to make a Wikipedia page? Foregen could really use one! I tried, but I don’t know how to do it… It would be a great way to get more people into the cause! :D

60. Incognito says:

Its been a few months since the last update, so I hoping someone has some info on the current status of the trial? Has it begun, is it pending, or did it not work out?
    Thanks!

61. Willem says:

Dose anyone have the latest news on this? Im dieing to know how far along they are

62. John Smith says:

Does anyone have new information about the clinical trial. I am really excited about this project.

63. Stephen says:

I just want to throw in two cents:
    This organization is not getting even 10% of the publicity it could potentially have. This website brings great hope to me, but there is nothing attracting others to it (I stumbled across it by chance). More people need to understand the position we are in the possibilities this organization is bringing. If they do they would widely support the cause; we would reach our goal faster and with more eyes on us. This could be one of the biggest statements of the century if this is complete. Men testifying their reversed circumcisions, exposing the truth to this barbaric tradition to the ignorant citizens that walk among us… revealing the motives and intentions behind those who still promote the practice… I cannot imagine the day that will happen.

64. INeedAForeskinRegen says:

So, what’s the latest news on this? I’ve been away from the “foreskin regeneration subculture” here, such as it is, for a few weeks, soooo…just wondering if I missed any important news about the progress of the research. It’ll be my birthday coming up here in about a week, which kind of brings me mixed feelings. On the one hand, it is the anniversary of my mutilation :( , but on the other hand, I’m hoping to maybe get some money as a gift, so that maybe I can finally donate to Foregen for the first time ever and become a Foregen Supporter! :)

I want my foreskin back, and I want my life back, already! Goddammit! :(

• Stephen_NZ says:

You should become a Supporter, there’s always interesting comments and things going on in the forum.

• INeedAForeskinRegen says:

Thanks, Stephen. Yeah, that’s what I said, I am going to become a Supporter, hopefully; keeping my fingers crossed I get enough money to do so!

65. Joseph says:

If i start restoring does anyone know if that will ruin my chances of this procedure working on me if I wanted to try it in the future? Thats the only thing keeping me back from restoring right now I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about that

66. Peter says:

Hey I just thought of something. Ben Affleck had to be circumcised as an adult, and he publicly stated that he hated it. Why not somebody present this to him? His celebrity status, not to mention, wealth could very much bright the media attention to this cause, and possibly more donations!

67. EK says:

Along with every other person who has posted on here, I am checking in again looking for progress. I am so excited to know that Foregen is continuing to work to undo my nightmare. Every morning, I wake up and see my disfigured, mutilated genitalia and feel helpless and violated. I cannot wait until this is a reality.

By the way, for more funding, maybe something like Kickstarter could be considered (http://www.kickstarter.com/). Essentially, people could give money to a cause and be given tangible results at some point in the future. I’m just making up numbers here, but pretend that it is estimated it will cost $500 to treat male genital mutilation. On Kickstarter, one of the reward tiers would be a ticket redeemable for this treatment in the future for a donation today. Higher reward tiers could include this reward and having a meal at a nice restaurant with the research team. Lower reward tiers could include stickers and t-shirts. This would also raise publicity. C’mon guys! Let’s seriously put our heads together to make sure that we can heal physically and mentally from the blade that mutilated us years ago.

68. Anonymously says:

If ANYONE is BETWEEN the AGE of 18 and 18 1/2 you must realize that the US law will allow you to SUE the Dr and Hospital who performed the mutilation if you were an nonconsenting infant.

DONATE to Foregen after you all win in court so we can make a dream come true.

Pass on this info to all your buddies. I am not talking about a few hundred dollars here and there, but hundreds of thousands in the making that can ensure all the necessary testing by scientists necessary to get you penis intact again.

69. DUPONT says:

Bonjour,

J’habite en France et je suis très fier de voir que vous menez de tel projet.

Pourriez vous me dire si de tel projet projet son en court en France.

Merci

70. Stefan Leigh-Lancaster says:

Does anybody know what the ingredients are in the formula? I hope that it wouldn’t be made out of pig’s skin. I’m not trying to gross anyone out. It’s just that I’m autistic and am very funny about things like that and ask these weird questions.

71. Manuel says:

I’m sure there are several very wealthy men who were not happy about being circuncised and that would like to have their foreskin back to.
    A way must be found to get in touch with them, I’m sure many would be willing to donate as thy are also concerned

72. Brian says:

It is the Thanksgiving holiday here in the USA, and I want to give thanks for the Foregen team for helping provide hope to the millions of men in America who had their foreskin removed for no reason. Thank you and keep working for results!!

73. B says:

Does anyone know the current status of the project, and the goals we plan to achieve in the year 2013?

74. Rahul says:

I hope foregen is successful in the future. I’m tired of living with painful scars tissue. Please get some celebrities in on this.

75. JustSomeDude says:

All it takes to rectify this issue is to have 155,000 mothers who butchered their sons over the years to donate one dollar a piece to undue the damage done at the hands of the opposite sex.

76. Joseph says:

If everyone just donated 50 dollars and become supporters thatd be a huge help. :) I just want to say hopefully the staff at foregen will read this. I just want to say thank you guys so much for doing what you are doing it is really awesome. I could never be thankful enough thank you so much.

77. Joseph says:

If everyone just donated 50 dollars and became supporters thatd be a huge help. :) I just want to say hopefully the staff at foregen will read this. I just want to say thank you guys so much for doing what you are doing it is really awesome. I could never be thankful enough thank you so much.

78. 来自中国的杜旭宝 says:

我被天朝的庸医害惨了,if foregen could GIVE ME a wanderful foreskin,I can do anything i can.thank you,foregen,give me a hope.I AM
    FROM China.IN China more and more adults have circumcised by cheats who the doctors.I WANNA conect foregen and my ENGLISH is soso. I wanna help more chinese who circumcised.

79. J says:

No update for months.. I hate to say this but. It seems like they kinda just took the money and ran…

Awesome Foregen…

I deserve an update with the money we gave you…

I say we stop donating until we recieve an update.

80. faiyo says:

Any progress? I haven’t seen any major news release since July 2012. Does anyone know what is the status or how the trials are going thus far ? I think there should a be a montly log of the progress somewhere of the site so the members will not be “left in the dark” so to speak. Hope things are progressing well.

81. Ricardo says:

Hello INeedAForeskinRegen, please don’t lose hope, as you can see from this Foregen’s facebook post http://www.facebook.com/foregen/posts/499424876747985 the work to give you back your full and perfect foreskin is going under way =)

If you have the means (and age requirements) and want to help Foregen and at the same time get a little bit in the “backstage” of what’s going on you could become a supporter for 50$. I have, and I must say that it has brought me a lot closer to the project, and it feels great to be part of something that will change people’s lives for the best ;)

• INeedAForeskinRegen says:

Ricardo,

Thank you so much for pointing me towards that facebook post! I hadn’t seen it, that indeed does sound positive, and fills me with at least some hope. I really really really REALLY want to donate to foregen. I intend to as SOON as I can get any money…which, sadly, seems to be never. :( But if I eventually do get any money that is my own, the very first thing I will do with it will be donating to foregen!

82. Nathan says:

At the current pace of donations, I have figured out that it will be another 7 or 8 years before the requisite amount of $200,000 is raised. I donate when I am financially available to, but waiting another 7 or 8 years with small donations won’t suffice and will feel like an eternity. There must be another way to hasten the process.

• anon89 says:

Remember that donations did rise sharply just before the start of the current tests.

Extrapolating the current rate forward is really unrealistic, and gives an overestimate of the required amount of time to raise a given amount of money.

• Ricardo says:

Nathan,

As soon as the first results are out, and if they are positive (which we have to hope) a world of possible revenue alternatives will open itself. You can check out the public forum in the post ideas for new ideas on how to get funds. Because from the moment we get results we will no longer be just an “idea”, large companies who wish to invest and interested people with the funds will more likely support the continue of the research. So don’t worry about that.

• Nathan says:

Richardo,

Sorry to be pessimistic, it’s just frustrating that people generally suffer from apathy when it comes to this issue. If there was protection for males like there is for females, we wouldn’t be in this predicament in the first place.

All it would take is if 154,000 parents, especially mothers who have no business making the decision for the opposite sex whom mutilated their sons without consent nor anesthesia to donate one dollar a piece, things would change.

Another issue is cost…how much will it cost to regain something every baby boy was born with for FREE? I don’t see this procedure being “on the house.” Some entity will want to profit off this in some form or another. And by the time this comes to fruition, I might be too old to even care.

Again, sorry for what is perceived to be pessimism. I think I am being more realistic then anything. I HOPE I am wrong.

• Stephon says:

I hate to disagree with you, but getting 1 dollar from 154,000 parents is not realistic at all.

Circumcision has been known to have medical benefits. Men are able to function sexually without it, unlike females. There are many differences between circumcision and FGM. That’s where the apathy comes from. I’m not agreeing with it in any way; I don’t believe in circumcision, but there are two big sides to this argument. It’s unfortunate that the one we’re fighting is the giant in the U.S.

Lastly, I don’t know why you are already worrying about the cost when the procedure hasn’t even been confirmed yet.

You are being unnecessarily pessimistic. I wish people did not post things like this on here, it only brings down the spirit of the community as a whole. Look positive everyone! The future is bright, and there is no reason to think otherwise.

• Nathan says:

Actually, some women undergo a procedure called a hoodectomy which is the surgical removal of the female prepuce — the female foreskin. But when the female foreskin is removed, there are no erogenous nerves severed. All the erogenous nerves of the female are contained in the glans clitoris. But when the male foreskin — the male prepuce is removed, erogenous nerves are severed. The erogenous nerves of the penis are contained in the glans penis and foreskin. So if you want to compare apples to apples, part of the glans clitoris must be severed. They don’t lose sensitivity when their prepuce is removed. But males lose sensitivity when their prepuces are removed.

• Chris says:

Mastectomies have also been shown to have medical benefits. Root canals have been shown to have medical benefits too. But the point is, these are medical procedures that are only performed if there is a true reason to do it. We don’t proactively amputate women’s breasts (even though theoretically it probably would save lives if we did).

Amputation is the only performed as a method of last resort, no matter how small or “useless” the body part is. This is always the case 100% of the time, with one exception. The foreskin is the only piece of tissue on the entire human body where amputation is a method of first resort to treat a medical condition that does not even exists.

Lastly, circumcised women (or victims of FGM, whatever you want to call it, it’s all semantics and the same thing)can have sex, reproduce and have children. This is clearly the case, otherwise cultures that cut girls would have gone extinct thousands of years ago. And cultures that cut girls actually have some of the highest birth rates in the world. So one could argue that female circumcision doesn’t affect the women anymore than male circumcision affects the men.

The point is, every person has a right to bodily integrity, regardless of their gender.

83. Alfred Bootman says:

What is our next goal and how long will it take to raise?

84. Nathan says:

@Chris,

All I did was compare apples to apples. I never advocated mutilating either sexes genitals. Both sexes have a right to be intact. But male genitals in this country are not sacred. If they were, we wouldn’t be having this current discussion.

• Chris says:

@Nathan,

I know you did not advocate cutting either gender. I was actually replying to another person, but my comment was directly below yours. I think it’s just the way the comments are displayed. But I was not replying to you, or trying to argue with anything you said.

85. Kingsley says:

Stephon December 17, 2012 at 8:27 pm

“Circumcision has been known to have medical benefits.”

Despite what you think you know, male genital mutilation has no benefit to the victim or his partner.

The only benefits are the financial one for the perpetrators of the crime and sexual gratification for the circumcision fetishists who masturbate over videos of babies and children being cut.

• Stephon says:

I didn’t say it has medical benefits, I said it has been known to have medical benefits. Sorry for the miscommunication.

I totally agree with what you say, although the images are a little gruesome. I think it is more along the lines of social acceptance rather than feeding a fetish.

Any way you look at it, it’s done for shallow, unnecessary reasons.

• Jordan says:

I don’t know how many benefits it has. I was circumcised and I have had yeast infections, light bleeding from skin tearing, and my buddy had to get a second circumcision because he got a yeast infection that got so bad they had to remove more skin. He got a skin graft to replace it but still, he got cut twice!

• Stephon says:

I can’t imagine getting cut again… I already feel like I’ve lost so much.

Come to think of it, at this point it wouldn’t make much of a difference! I just kind of want my foreskin back…

86. John Doe says:

Enzo, please post an update.

We deserve better than no communication since July 5th

What the hell is going on? Is Foregen even still in existence?

Did someone take off with our donations to enjoy a long cruise?

I’m not giving a dime more until we at least get some details of the status of the study.

I very much appreciate what Foregen says it wants to do and want it to succeed more than I can express, but this lack of communication is unprofessional and unacceptable.

87. Jerry says:

It fills me with infinite joy knowing that some day, even if it is many years from now, i will be intact like i have dreamed of.

Unfortunately, money issues are a problem for me right now. But if i ever get enough disposable income, i know where it’s going :)

88. Andy says:

I would really like it if they were a little more transparent with details about what exactly they are testing, and who is doing it. I don’t mind how long it takes, as long as we can see what is actually happening.

89. Foreskinrestorer1991 says:

I will support Foregen in any way.

I have already donated before.

These things like this takes time. It doesn’t happen in a month. It is a time-based process.

Things are happening slowly. When they have time and process to post updates, they will. Until then, patience.

“Good things happen to those who are patient.”

90. INeedAForeskinRegen says:

So, what exactly IS the status of this currently? Anything new out of Foregen…or Epistem…or Wake Forest…or anywhere? I mean is this moving along at all or still just riding the proverbial stationary bike forever? :( Damn already.