tumblr hit tracking tool

501(c)(3) Non Profit Status Achieved

Foregen has been a non profit (onlus) in Italy since April 2010. We are extremely happy to report that in addition to the Italian non-profit status, Foregen is now officially a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the United States.  This status was achieved on April 11, 2012.You can see the approval letter by clicking here.

Not only does this status allow Foregen to be legally recognized as a public charity, it also provides us (and our supporters) with many other benefits which are listed below:

• Public recognition of our non profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
  • We can assure our donors that their United States donations are tax deductible.
  • We are eligible to receive federal, state and local grants.
  • We will be exempt from federal taxes.
  • We will be exempt from state income taxes, sales taxes and property taxes.
  • Non profit mailing privileges and cheaper classified rates.

We will be updating our website shortly with the following information:

• Confirmation that we have relocated to Los Angeles and registered as a non profit there.
  • A copy of our 501(c)(3) non profit status registration documents.
  • Confirmation on the donation page that donations from the United States are now tax deductible.
  • A link to the Internal Revenue Service charities page confirming our 501(c)(3) status as soon as our entry is added to the relevant IRS database.

We decided to found a Foregen in the USA because non-religious circumcision in the US is the most widespread out of all the countries in the world.  Now that we have achieved our goal of obtaining official non profit recognition in the US, we have not excluded the possibility of founding the same type of non profit in even more countries where circumcision is widespread.
If you have any questions or comments about this article, you can contact us through the comments section below, the forum, our twitter page, our facebook page, or by sending an email to info@foregen.org.

Thank you for your support.

This entry was posted in Blog, News. Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to 501(c)(3) Non Profit Status Achieved

1. Jeremiah says:

Congratulations! I look forward to what is in store for us next!

2. Max says:

AWESOME ! Another step in the right direction ! This is just what i needed to hear today ! Next you can announce your starting the clinical trials :P

3. Jordan says:

I’m so happy right now, this is awesome! I hope to see a Foregen in Canada in the future aswell.

4. Juston says:

Progress is continuing! I’m ecstatic right now! This has made my morning, my week, and my month.

5. Frances says:

So happy for all who have been (and are) involved. This is great news.

6. Anthony says:

You guys are doing a great thing. I think the next big step is getting your name out there. If people knew about this, particularly the 25-35 age group in the United States, as circumcision was most prevalent in the 80′s, I have no doubt the support for your cause would skyrocket. Keep up the great work. I’ll be donating as soon as the funds roll in. :)

7. Incognito says:

Excellent News! Its good to see real progress being made. Hopefully now the tables will start to turn in our favor.

8. TGANK UUUU says:

THANKk YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

9. forseti says:

Congratulations foregen! We’re one step closer to our goal.

10. Raymond says:

By the way, isn’t May 5 the day David Reimer died? What a coincidence!

11. step by step we achieve our goal…

12. Jordan says:

Wonderful! I beleive this is a very important step toward achieving genital integrity.

13. I just got the email today! That’s so exciting so you guys only need 35,000 by July?! I’m pretty sure the intact community can put together that amount. I just donated an additional $50….ill be checking back often! Come on guys I don’t wanna tug my foreskin anymore I want my actual penis back…

14. Sri Juhe says:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    THANK U SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. David Eagan says:

Hello,

I have read up on this site (my grandson showed me it) and I have to say it looks like you guys are doing a great thing for circumcised men. I am circumcised myself and have never been thrilled about it and I regret circumcising my son. I see that the current foreskin trials that foregen is striving for requires US $35,000. I think that reaching that goal would be great, and I would be willing to donate whatever money is needed to get this thing going. However, the details are a little vague. What hospital is going to be conducting these tests? What is the current proposed regeneration method? How exactly is the money going to be spent? Is foregen sure that they are giving their donation money to a legitimate hospital. I would like to have these details cleared up. I’m 68 years old, a retired plastic surgeon, and I just sit around the house all day not doing much, so helping foregen out will make me feel like I did something good for the world. I just want to know a little bit more about the whole plan of action, before I donate a large sum of money.

David Eagan

16. Al May says:

Great news on the 501 status! What’s this about only needing $35,000? Do you not need the $200,000 just now after all?

• Al says:

Hi, please delete last comment with my full name, I really don’t like having my name anywhere on the internet. Thanks

17. Incognito says:

To David Eagan, and Al:

I think you make some excellent points in your statement, and it would really be a shame if all this time and money would be wasted by putting it in the wrong hands. However, I do not believe anything will be set in stone until Foregen has the money to negotiate with. I’ve read that they need $35,000 to start with, so I’m assuming this is a sum of money required to prove commitment to a firm Foregen might be planning on using. I’m not entirely sure, and my best advice would be to make use of Foregen’s contact page and ask them directly about this issue.

• Al says:

thanks for your reply. I’lI contact Foregen directly and see what they say.. Still, great news on the charity status. I’m sure there are many funds to be raised if America is targeted in the right way.

• Incognito says:

I’m glad to have been of assistance. I have been watching this site for quite some time and have seen the donations go from a couple thousand to over $28,000 in just over a year. I think that says something. If I had to guess, I would say in less than 3 years, Foregen will hit the $200,000 mark. I believe the answer to getting more funds is in social networking and media exposure.

• Al says:

Yea Facebook is a primary mode of advertising now for many companies.. It’s no doubt expensive, but is targeted directly to users who ie post about circumcision

18. Jeff says:

You guys need to get celebrities aware of this. you guys are now located in LA. I Know the jewish guy from the TV show deal or no deal is against circumcision. Just one large donation from one of them and boom. Market this thing as to help males and spread the facts about what is going on. Only thing is i heard Doctors make 400 dollars every time they circumcise a baby. I bet there will be a lot of people who will be opposed to this. After all that means the medical community has been screwing up the past 50 or so years. No one likes to admit they are wrong, especially when money is involved. However if you get the American people on your side then the ball is in your court.

19. Jeff says:

Mens health magazine…!

20. Chris says:

Cameron Diaz is now publicly speaking out against circumcision. We should try to make people like Cameron Diaz, Howards Stern, Ben Afleck and others aware of Foregen. They could really help us in getting the word out.

21. Al says:

I think if you pay for an imdb.com (Internet Movie Database) it gives you lots of contacts in the biz, probably not direct ones but it may have agent’s email addresses.. Worth a try?

22. Anonymous says:

Could someone inform me as to why we need $35,000?

• optimistic says:

I believe the first 35k is for a “proof of concept” trial to show that the technology is feasible. There would then be at least one more trial to implement it on people who want their foreskin back. The first trial will hopefully be carried out soon, as it looks likeforegen is getting the donations it needs.

You will probably get a better answer by getting in touch via the contact page.

23. Chris says:

The IRS has updated their website, Foregen is now listed as a registered non-profit organization. Foregn also updated their website with a link to the IRS.

To see the link click on the “About Us” tab and then click on “Foregen’s Registration Documents” The link to the IRS is there.

Now we can independently verify Foregen’s legitimacy directly from the IRS.

24. John Doe says:

Please post the July goal of $35,000 to initiate the trial on the home page of Foregen.org and make it VERY prominent.

It’s almost impossible for people who come to the site to find out about it otherwise. Thanks.

25. Rejee says:

The goal nearly DOUBLED from $20K to $35K the last time I checked! Can someone explain to me what is going on here?

26. Incognito says:

Wow, this is really exciting!
    I can’t help but feel good about the goal being soo close to being reached and serious progress beginning to be made!

This is an exciting time…

27. josh says:

wow only a couple months ago looked like it never was gna happen im so excited i would def be the first on the list to try it out, or buy it long as its not too much

28. Nathan says:

As of 6:00pm EDT June 23, 2012, the raised amount stands at $35,470 five weeks ahead of the goal.

29. Max says:

im going to be donating 100$ once i get some dental work done in the first week of July. JUST BECAUSE we reached their set goal doesnt mean they wont need more money ! We need to continue donating !

30. http://web.de/magazine/gesundheit/kind/15671108-gericht-religioes-motivierte-beschneidung-straftat.html#.A1000107

FINALLY RELIGIOUS CIRCUMCISION IS DECLARED ILLEGAL BY A GERMAN COURT !!!

THE WORLD BEGINS TO AWAKE !!!!!!

SPREAD THE WORD

31. Ben says:

Just one question: Why do you have to be 18 to be eligible for a trial? Just curious. This is just for those pre-developed guys out there that don’t want to have to wait another 2yrs for this magic to be done.

32. Glorious King Nate says:

we should set up Foregen as one of the nonprofit charities on eBay.
    the only problem is i am not sure who to put for these:
    Nonprofit Organization Name
    (foregen, duh)
    Nonprofit Email
    (we have a collective email?)
    Nonprofit Contact Name
    (uhh do they mean vinny? or just a mod?)

33. Dennis says:

Happy to see such promising progress. Would like to know more about the actual regeneration process, in terms of medical method. I hope to see Foregen in Canada very soon.